5 Common Misconceptions About Outdoor Living Spaces
Do you dream of having an outdoor living space in your backyard? Many homeowners conjure up images of a beautiful oasis with cozy seating, lush green grass, and the perfect combination of elements to create their ideal getaway. While this may be one type of outdoor living space, there are other components that can enhance your experience and make it truly unique - but not all design trends or techniques will work for everyone. Before embarking on designing your own private paradise, read through these 5 common misconceptions about outdoor living spaces so you have a better understanding of how to create yours.
1. Outdoor Living Spaces Have To Be Pricey: With so many design elements, it’s easy to think that an outdoor living space has to cost a ton of money, but this isn’t necessarily true. It all depends on your budget and how much you are willing to invest in the project. You can find affordable furniture and pieces online that will help you create the perfect outdoor oasis without breaking the bank.
2. An Outdoor Living Space Won't Last: Many people believe that since their outdoor area is exposed to the elements, it won’t last as long as other parts of their home; however, with proper maintenance and attention, an outdoor living area can last for years. Invest in weather-resistant furniture and use a protective sealant on wood and metal surfaces so they don’t rust or corrode. Additionally, be sure to regularly clean the area and inspect it for any signs of damage or wear.
3. You Have To Have A Large Backyard: A common misconception is that you need a big backyard in order to create an outdoor living space; however, this isn’t true. If you have a smaller yard, you can still make your own cozy retreat by utilizing vertical spaces or investing in multi-functional furniture pieces like an ottoman that doubles as storage space.
4. Outdoor Living Spaces Are Only For Warm Climates: Some people think outdoor living spaces are only for warmer temperatures, but this isn’t necessarily true. With the right furniture and accessories, you can easily create a cozy outdoor oasis in any climate. Invest in weather-resistant materials like teak wood or all-weather wicker to ensure your furniture is able to withstand any type of weather. Additionally, add fire pits and outdoor rugs to keep warm during chilly nights.
5. You Need An Expensive Landscape Design: A landscaping design isn't necessary in order to create a beautiful backyard oasis. If you have limited space or budget, consider adding potted plants or shrubs around the perimeter of your patio area to define the space and give it some life! Or if you have a larger budget and space, consider investing in a few trees or water features to add character and charm.
No matter what your budget or climate is, you can create the perfect outdoor living space for you and your family - as long as you keep these 5 misconceptions in mind. With a little creativity and planning, you’ll be able to design an oasis that will provide years of enjoyment.
The sky's the limit when it comes to creating your own outdoor paradise; whether it’s an intimate space for two or a large gathering area with plenty of seating options, there are endless possibilities. Take some time to look at different ideas online and in magazines so you can get a better understanding of what’s possible and decide which features you would like to include in your space. With the right materials, furniture, and accessories, you can create an outdoor living area that will be perfect for entertaining or relaxing - no matter the size of your backyard.
Don’t let these myths about outdoor living spaces put you off creating your own slice of paradise – call us today and we can help make your dreams a reality. With over 10 years of experience, our team has the knowledge and skill to create an outdoor living space that suits both your needs and budget. Let us help you create a space that your family and friends will enjoy for years to come.
So don’t let myths about outdoor living spaces hold you back! With the right materials, furniture, and accessories, anyone can turn their backyard into an oasis of relaxation or entertainment. Let us here at DPG Pavers & Design help make your dreams a reality – call us today and we’ll work together to create the perfect outdoor living space for you and your family.
Are You Considering An Outdoor Living Space For Your Backyard?
At DPG Pavers and Design, we’ve been providing our customers with specialized Landscape and Hardscape Design and Build services for over 30 years. DPG Pavers and Design, headquartered in Danville and Walnut Creek, California is the best curb-appeal and outdoor living space designer and installer in the San Francisco Bay Area. Appearing on HGTV’s Curb Appeal and featured on Discovery Channel’s program Renovation Nation, our team of skilled designers and landscape engineers provides top-quality service and professionalism our customers love. DPG Pavers and Design offers 2-D and 3-D conceptual home and landscape design plans that allow you to visualize your dream space and make that dream concept a reality. If you are considering a Synthetic Lawn that covers the entirety of your yard contact DPG Pavers and Design to schedule your free consultation today!